Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, July 2, 2018

Adventures in Oerth- The Bane of Vecna: Book Two, Chapter Twenty

The Battle for Time


Dramatis Personae:
Aurora Isilime, the Valley Elf Bard of Valor, Maestro, Bae'qeshel and former Champion of Lolth, Lore Wizard, the Silver Tongued Siren, Knight of Summer
Charlotte, Aurora's violet Faerie Dragon familiar
Dervish, the Kasathe Dullahan Brass Dragon Fighter and Dragon Blood Sorcerer, Knight of the Erl King
"Shadewing" Corvis Cairunis Umbrusalarim, the Shadow Elf Dullahan Hexblade Warlock of the Raven Queen
Cloak, Shadewing's Empty Cloak familiar
Alfred, Shadewing's Raven familiar 
Zorack, the Elftaur Dullahan Ranger Bounty Hunter  Knight of Winter
Gewnter, the Falcon Dullahan Monk and Zorack's companion
Alucard, the ancient all powerful wizard; formerly Oryn Talus, the ancient and mysterious halfling who has employed the party; also know as Cinder, the ancient power that is said to destroy every world
Lan El'Mandragoran, the Human Paladin of Pelor
Aerathema, the Wood Elf Druid
Sil'ilos'anon Braz'Dracon, the "Drow" Warlock Blood Mage of Lolth, and the new DEATH
Elder Vish, Dervish's friend and mentor from his world, Knight of Spring

Comrades we have lost:
Narg, there's really no way to describe Narg, Narg is just Narg- sacrificed himself to aid the party
Ralliakkan, the Drow Rogue- killed by Lyathfikash
Mara Nemestk, the Human Champion- killed by the outside
Ceidil Rein, the Human Champion- taken by the outside, then killed by party
Eurydice, the Faerie Dragon Feylock- taken by the outside, then killed by party
Pharin Braz'Dracon, the Brass Dragon-Drow Conjurationist Wizard and Priest of Lolth- returned to Faerun
Andolin Braz'Dracon, the Brass Dragon-Drow Fighter/Beast Master- returned to Faerun
Lothar, the Sovani Smith and semi-Cleric of Moradin, High Priest of Lolth, Cleric of Istus, forced Cleric of Asmodeus; Kas Reincarnated - sacrificed to ressurect Alucard
Oryn Talus, the ancient and mysterious halfling who has employed the party- fractured himself into 4 parts to prevent cult from taking his soul
Willow Liadon, the Eladrin Arcane Trickster- sent to Elysium through a trap and was never heard from again

NOTE: Things will be mostly from Aurora's perspective. Anything in italics is from a third person, since the bard can't be everywhere at once.

***** Diamondice 20, CY 711, location unknown

       Vecna waved his hand and energy made the dust that was Daggon's body swirl toward; the bastard was trying to absorb the Outsider's energy and power. The boys tried some sort of dullahan thingy, but whatever the fuck they were doing didn't seem to work. I hit Vecna with a meteor swarm, and Alucard stopped time. During those breaths of time slowing, Alucard seriously fucked Vecna up; he was stunned, stuck in place. The boys went nuts on Vecna, while I attempted to turn him into a gibbering mess, adjusting the casting method of the spell to take advantage of his weakened state... I felt the magic sinking in, but he somehow stopped it from working.  

       Vecna vanished, but it felt like there were somehow multiple Vecnas all around us. We all began getting punched hard, it felt similar to that blood monk I'd fought in Ravenloft. The blows killed Dervish and the Gunslinger, but Dervish was brought back quickly by Mystra. Vecna was nowhere to be seen, and the rifts in space and time began tearing more. I handed everyone my healing wine to everyone, since those punches were fucking nasty. Then Shade vanished without a word. Shadewing had gone to the ethereal/shadow plane to pursue Vecna there. 

       Vecna was dressed exactly like the monk I'd faced in Ravenloft, he was both himself and that monk somehow. Zorack said "I think this will work," then fell over- but he vanished when he hit the ground. Gewnter tried to follow him and face planted into the ground- it was fucking funny. Then Alucard vanished... They're all fucking ditching me. Dervish told me where they'd all gone, so I plane shifted to follow them, and as soon as I appeared, Vecna vanished. Dervish was using a spell that allowed him to blink between the material plane and the ethereal plane. Vecna followed Dervish to the ethereal plane and beat the crap out of him there. As soon as Vecna reappeared, I tried to turn him into a gibbering mess again, and the asshole again managed to resist my magic. I seriously hate this fucking guy. 

       Shade used a spell that seemed to make Vecna's bones brittle before coming at him with his sword. The spell seemed to work- he actually managed to break one of Vecna's bones. The lich-god's hands swirled as he moved to cast something, and Shadewing countered it. Dervish sent a flurry of arrows at Vecna, and Zorack summoned two rhinos to go for him, which Vecna destroyed instantly. Then with a flash of arcane energy, Alucard erased Vecna from the last six seconds of time. Vecna turned into little silvery motes and floated away; he'd killed Vecna! 

       But time was still unraveling. 

       Shadewing pulled out the Table and began trying to channel its energy. Dervish sliced his arm, said he thought he could do something, then paused and said he couldn't do it; he suddenly stood up straighter- Alucard was possessing Dervish. Shade grabbed the magic of creation and tried to tie it to the Table in order to repair the Fey, so I tapped into his mind to help boost his magical capabilities. 

       Alucard/Dervish- Aluvish?- grabbed onto that energy and began using it to heal Oerth, and Alucard had Zorack summon 150 cows for him to use as a magical battery. I popped into Shade's mind again to give him another boost. Then Dervish told Lord Dementor that Alucard was possessing him... I don't know why. But Dementor decided to attack him because of that. I tried to lock Dementor in a cage of pure magical force, but it didn't work. I'm not surprised, but I wanted to at least try. We needed to be healing time, not fighting people. Dervish and Zorack both went for Dementor, but they didn't seem to hurt him as much as they should have. 

       Shade finished repairing the Fey just as Aluvish hacked into Dementor hard enough to make him begin to bleed. Dementor's eyes found me and a blast of energy slammed into me. Dementor killed Aurora and erased her from the last hour of time; Shadewing tried to redirect the energy, and made it so the bard was only erased from the last six seconds. Alucard somehow put Dervish in Dementor and had him take over to help instead of hinder the group. Dervish took the energy of creation and directed it at Aurora to save her, also creating a little puppy for her; he'd tried to make a unicorn puppy, but he didn't have enough command of the magic for that. Aurora was now bleeding out, instead of dead on the ground. The puppy was an adorable Doberman, and because he was made from the energy of creation, he was immortal. 

       The next thing I knew, Zorack was standing over me, and the cutest puppy I've ever seen was sitting next to me, watching me as if it knew me. Shadewing, Dervish/Dementor (Dervmentor?), and Aluvish- I'm really fucking confused about their mind-meld thingy- were working in perfect sync, trying to get the rifts in time to close. Dervish decided to use a cow as a battery by shoving his staff of the magi up its ass... his arm went all the way up to the elbow... I really wish I didn't have to see that... The poor cow tried to shit out the staff, destroying it in the process.

       I was beyond drained from what Dementor had done to me, so I tried to use a song to rejuvenate myself... I passed out instead, and the puppy curled up on my chest, fast asleep. Of course I passed out just as the other cows started stampeding; thankfully, Zorack grabbed the puppy and I and got us in the air before the cows destroyed me. He saves my ass a lot. I renewed some of the spells I'd cast on the boys before Dementor killed him, and then I tried to do the rest song again... The puppy and I fell asleep again, and the poor baby fell. Gewnter saved the puppy, and I had him strum an instrument to let him fly... not thinking about how my instruments can hurt someone mentally. His head exploded. 

       While all of this way going on in the air, the boys were finishing up closing the rifts. After what felt like an eternity, the rifts all closed, the sun came out, and we could hear birds chirping in the distance. We'd won!

       We never destroyed Vecna's phylactery though, so I knew he'd be back someday, and we'd be ready for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment