Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Moonlit Path

Niss'RizDax Kenarn, the Moonlit Dancer


       I grew up in the greatest drow city in the Underdark, over in the Old World. House Kenarn was the Eighth House of the city, therefore it was one of the ones who ruled. As was my duty, I was a priestess of Lolth and deeply devoted to the Spider Queen. I reveled in the wanton cruelty and violence, thinking it was the greatest gift of all; and the chaos filled me to the core. But I was always missing something, though I didn't know it at the time.

       When I was about 80, I heard tell of a traitor, that a priestess was in the city spreading lies about Lolth, and offering others the chance to take their place on the Surface and follow Eilistraee. I'd never heard that there was another drow goddess, had grown up thinking that Lolth was the only choice we drow had. I'll admit, I was curious about this priestess, and I had to meet her. She was understandably difficult to find, and when I did find her I felt my heart open. Something was awakened inside me that I didn't even know existed.

       I loved the teachings of Eilistraee, the idea of living in peace and love instead of bloodshed and mistrust. I even loved Ilmarra, the priestess who taught me of the goddess's light. I hid my sword token in the heel of my boot to keep anyone from finding out that I was becoming a Secret Moondancer. Ilmarra and I began planning to leave the city and go to the surface, and I yearned to leave the Underdark and Lolth far behind.

       One day, while I was with Ilmarra, my House was assaulted, my family slaughtered. According to drow rules, I could have had the other House destroyed in retaliation, but I decided that I needed to leave the bloody traditions of Lolthite society behind me. Everyone thought I was dead, so Ilmarra and I took advantage of the opportunity and left for the surface.

       Our journey to the Surface was long and perilous, but we had each other and the love of Eilistraee, we didn't need anything more. When we finally emerged from the Underdark, I fell to my knees at the sight of the moon, and even though it burned my sensitive eyesight, I stared up at it and wept, for the first time in my life. During my first open prayer under the moonlight, I was given the title The Moonlit Dancer, and I knew in that moment I'd made the right choice.

       It took a couple more months for us to make our way to Ilmarra's Temple, where I spent the next ninety or so years of my life. I was happy, at peace, and in love. Until a few years ago, when Ilmarra was out on a hunting party, and was killed by a group of Lolthites. I was crushed, but know Eilistraee wouldn't take her from me without reason.

       After a few months of waiting for a sign from Eilistraee, she came to me during prayer. My goddess told me to travel to the New World, to spread her light to the drow there. She also wanted me to establish a Temple or Shrine in her name, and said I would know when I found the right place. Eilistraee suggested there was another purpose for my being sent there, but said I would understand the purpose when it presented itself. I didn't ask questions, I trust in my goddess to lead me, and I know that she leaves signs everywhere.

       I've been in the New World for a few years now, spreading Eilistraee's love and light to many drow, but I have yet to find the perfect place for a temple; nor have I discovered the other purpose she sent me here for.

Photo by Isriana on Deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment