Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, April 10, 2017

Pathfinders of the New World- Knights of the Cross(roads), the Next Generation: Book Two, Chapter Two

Saving Seaside, Part One:
The Barracks

Dramatis Personae:
Nyneve, the Water Genasi Druid of the Fountain
KlikKlick BoomBoom, the Kobold Beastmaster
TickTick, KlikKlik's Giant Bat animal companion
Sonitri, the Samsaran Arcane Prodigy Sorcerer
Taryn Al'Maera, the Drow Assassin and future Ralliakkan
Niss'RizDax Kenarn, the Drow Sword Dancer Priestess of Eilistraee, "the Moonlit Dancer"


NOTE: Things will be mostly from Nyneve's perspective, switching later to Dax's, anything in italics is from a third party view, since they can't be everywhere at once.

***** Astron 4, 480, Seaside

       We decided that we would enter Seaside through the main road, and head to the barracks first; the others would come to town from the side. We thought we could cover the most ground that way.

       When we got to the barracks the door was broken down. KlikKlik flew up to the roof, thinking that was most likely where any survivors would be, and I sent my Rope of Climbing up after her; Sonitri and I both began to climb. Taryn was going to enter the main door, but decided not to after seeing how many undead were filling the room.

       It turns out the roof was not where we should have started... instead of survivors we found three skeletons, three zombies, three ghouls, and one ogre. We instantly began slinging spells and bullets at the undead, and just before a group of them got to where Sonitri and I were standing, she vanished, leaving me as the only target. Pain went screaming through my body as the zombies began to rip into me, and everything went dark.

       The next thing I remember is Taryn standing over me, removing a vial from my lips. I needed to get away from the zombies or I'd be down again, so I turned into a mouse and ran away, and once I was far enough, I turned back into myself to heal some more- which made the ghouls take notice of me. Bollocks. The zombies I'd just run from dropped poor Taryn, but KlikKlik rushed to aid her as soon as she went down. The ghouls ripped into my flesh again and I descended into darkness. Nyneve was dead.

       Taryn, Sonitri, and KlikKlik found a trap door on the roof, and a group of survivors inside. They persuaded the people to let them in, and got a before reprieve from the undead. 

***** Dax*****

       An interesting trio came in through the trap door that leads to the roof of the barracks I've been trapped in for the last three days, since the undead attacks began. I can destroy some undead, through the powers granted to me by Eilistraee, but not enough to make much of a difference with so many about; I had been doing what I could to keep the people I was trapped with safe, but it didn't feel like I was doing enough.

       I was relieved that we had a group of rescuers, now I could finally get out there and fight. We formed a plan with the three of them, in hopes it would be enough to get us all out of this damn building. I would fly out there with KlikKlik and TickTick, using my gift to destroy the undead, and Taryn would organize the rest of the guard to come out for ranged support.

       TickTick grabbed onto my shoulders and flew me to right above the biggest group of them, and I dusted six skeletons and I scared two ghouls. KlikKlik began taking shots at the undead, and I continued letting loose my sacred flame, which hurts undead.

       Once the guards were outside and had formed their line, TickTick set me down so he could aid in the attack. We were definitely dishing out some damage to the undead, but there just didn't seem to be and end to the fuckers. It didn't seem to matter how many we dropped, more would just rise in their place- but how the fuck were they even getting on the roof? Do zombies now have spider climb? I mean really, what the fuck?

       We were taking heavy damage, and I began debating if we should call for a retreat when an explosion blossomed just out of sight on the other side of the roof. A gnome and a group of humans were there, helping us now to clear out the hoarde. We just barely managed to take out what was left on the roof.


No comments:

Post a Comment