Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, December 11, 2017

The Adventures of Critical Bumbersnoot: the Making of the Mechanimal and his Gnome

       I grew up at the Friendly Arm Inn, where my family has lived since not long after the spellplague. The Steamgears originated on the island of Lantan where they worked on advancing technology. My great-grandparents were adventuring at the time of the spellplague, saving them from sharing in the fate of the rest of Lantan, which was destroyed by the tsunamis and earthquakes that followed the blue fire. My family ended up settling at the Friendly Arm Inn because of the large gnome population there, and we've been happy there ever since.

       Since I was a child I've been fascinated by the stories of the technology that was lost with Lantan, I always begged to hear more stories. I was in love with the tech that my family spoke of, and wanted to know more- create some of my own.

       Eventually I was able to apprentice with an artificer who was willing to show me how to build things and create tech of my own; and after years of study, I was able to create my first Mechanimal: Critical Bumbersnoot. I created him in honor of my beloved dachshund that I'd had as a child, whose name was Bumbersnoot. I even gave him the personality of the original dog. I'd gotten back my childhood companion, and this time I'd have him forever.

       My cousins and I have always dreamed of finding the lost technology in Lantan, reclaiming some of the incredible inventions our family talked about. We've spent years researching the island, hoping to someday find it. I took up adventuring in hopes that it would help lead me to Lantan. I've raided the bookshelves of every Temple of Gond on the Sword Coast, as well as every tinker guild looking for clues, but I've yet to find any.

       Someday though, we will find ancient Lantan, and we'll be celebrated for returning our lost knowledge to our people.


No comments:

Post a Comment