Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, August 20, 2018

The Ravenloft Chronicles- Shit Storm: Book One, Chapter Five

Nowhere is Safe

Dramatis Personae:
Kithri "Quickshadow" Tealeaf, the Lightfoot Halfling Werebat Order of the Lycan Blood Hunter and Ruin Raider
Tilea Aervavil'A'Sum, the Wild Elf Circle of the Moon Druid Barbarian
Scritch, Tilea's Squirrel Animal Companion
Sachi Kno, the Vistani Weremonkey Thief
Forgrotken Anvilrocker, the Blugrim Forge Cleric of Moradin
Belmont Von Richter, the mysterious Human who tends to show up just in the nick of time
Lythana, the Human Werewolf Order of the Ghost Slayer Blood Hunter

Comrades we have lost:
Pineck, Anvil's Horse- turned into soup by a cursed crate

NOTE: Things will be mostly from Kithri's perspective, anything in italics is from a third party view, since the Hunter can't be everywhere at once. 

***** Hetedik Honap 6, CY 735, Lythana's safe house in Vallaki

       Lythana cut the amulet from Tilea's neck and bound it. Lythana said they had eight hours to perform a ritual that would put Syn back in the amulet, but she'd need some odd components. 

***** Hetedik Honap 7, Lythana's safe house in Vallaki

       I awoke to Sachi yelling "consecration" at the top of his lungs, just outside my room. I grabbed my whip and walked out, forgetting I was mostly naked, and demanded Sachi tell me what the Hells he was doing. Lythana took one look at me and said it looked like I was ready for a good night- unfortunately there's no good choices here for me to have it with. Then stupid Anvil ran out of his room, grabbed Sachi, and covered his mouth. Lythana and Tilea told us it was safe to say consecrate here, and made Anvil put Sachi down.

       Lythana told us we had three hours to collect some odd components and perform a ritual. We needed to infiltrate Talmot's vault and steal a consecrated dagger; get the still beating heart of a vampire thrall; and something about a lycanthrope that Lythana wouldn't go into detail about. After a brief discussion Sachi and Tilea decided to go to the vault, Anvil and I would go for the thrall, and Lythana would deal with the lycan part.

       Of course the vampire nest was in a ritzy area of town, in a bloody gated community. Anvil wanted to bribe someone living near the wall to let us onto their roof so he could climb the wall that way. While he was doing that, I flew off to scout. As I reached the wall, it flared, and I saw two of the Talmot wives inside the gates. The one with the bow shot me twice, but I somehow managed to keep myself from shifting, and I hurried to find Anvil so he could dig them out of me.

       Since Anvil had apparently failed at the bribery idea, or at least given up on it for now, he decided he wanted to turn himself into a t-rex and smash the wall down, but then he realized he wouldn't be sentient if he did it, and we didn't need to unleash a mindless beast onto the streets. Anvil decided since he was so bloody tall, he could probably jump the wall on his own- and he managed to do it. There was a mob of people on the other side of the wall, and they all backed away in terror. I pointed out a thrall to Anvil, but the big lug accidentally killed that bloke. The second one tried to run when he reached for it, so I tripped it with my whip, and it died... I pointed to the third one and said "if you want to live, come quietly." The bloke frozen in place, allowing Anvil to grab it and run.

       When we returned, Sachi and Tilea ushered Anvil into the other room, and told me Sachi had been briefly captured in their mission, and had learned that Anvil was a spy for Strahd because of the deal he made. We told Lythana as soon as she returned, and she told us we had an hour at most. She brought out some haversacks and told us to pack up everything we could. I went for the books, of course, Sachi gathered the weapons, Tilea the alchemical supplies, and Anvil grabbed everything else. Once we'd packed up, Lythana obtained some really nice horses for us from the innkeeper. As we rode out of town, we saw the Talmot wives.

       We were heading in the direction of Belmont's tower as fast as we could, time was running short for us to complete the ritual. A few minutes after passing a crossroad, Lythana's horse collapsed out from under her. The monk was waiting for us. Lythana tossed her saddle bags at Anvil and told us to keep moving. Anvil stayed behind to help her while Sachi, Tilea, and I kept running for the safe house.

       As we finished setting up the circle, Lythana and Anvil arrived and we were able to truly get it going. Lythana placed the amulet and ring in the circle, pulled out the heart and stabbed it with the werewolf fang, and let it bleed for about a minute before putting it on top of the amulet. Then she stabbed it with the consecrated dagger. A black-looking-thing came out of the amulet and slammed into Lythana. Lythana spent the next two hours thrashing and fighting the thing, in complete silence. Finally a burst of energy shot out, throwing Sachi, Anvil, and I into the wall. Lythana was standing over the amulet, with a twisted, demented look on her face. Tilea threatened it and there was another burst of energy; it was gone! And the consecrated dagger had shattered to pieces. Lythana was laying on the ground unconscious. We made her comfortable and settled in for the day, hoping she'd be okay when she came to.

       After a while we heard hoof prints outside, and looked out to see four blokes in robes. We assumed it was the Wives again, and Sachi suggested we use the necklace of fireballs he'd found on them. They pulled out a philter of love and began soaking arrows in it, hoping to make the Wives turn against Talmot, at least briefly.

       Eventually we cracked open the door to talk to them. It was four old blokes, not the wives. They said they were with the Resistance and were looking for Belmont. I asked them to show us their marks, but Tilea pointed out that with Anvil compromised we couldn't have them reveal themselves. We put a hood on the big blue dummy, to deal with the old blokes. Then I made Anvil strip so we could look for the mark, which was hiding behind his nut sack... I really wish I hadn't seen that. The blokes said the mark won't go away until the agreement is fulfilled, which was apparently that Anvil deliver Syn to Strahd. We all pointed blades at him over that, but before we could do anything else, there was another knock on the door.

       It was one of the Wives this time, the one with whips and blonde pigtails, saying she wanted to "talk." We opened the door and Scritch chucked the necklace of fireballs at her, but he messed it up and hit me instead. Then there was a massive explosion outside. When the smoked cleared, the Wife was gone. Instead, the monk was standing about 300 feet away with a cannon, looking confused.

       The monk tried to fire again, and the cannon jammed, so she started walking toward us. Anvil sprinted toward her, Tilea, Sachi, and I all shifted and followed Anvil. The monk turned to mist and a strange glow came from the tower. When the monk reappeared she missed Tilea with several blows, then parried all of our attacks. She hit Anvil with a staff and did some odd strike to me that rocked me to the core. The monk had been using a bow, so I snagged it with my whip and flung it behind me; Lythana caught it before it flew into the tower.

       Tilea managed to score a brutal looking hit on the monk, just as Lythana reached us. The monk threw Lythana and hit Sachi and Tilea hard. Of course the monk parried my whip attacks too. This was bloody ridiculous. This continued for what felt like ages, exchanging blows with her, though we almost never hit. I don't know how in the bloody Hells we're supposed to defeat a bloke we can't hit. Suddenly, a burst of golden energy seemed to come from nowhere. It felt nice, peaceful, except to the monk who screamed in agony, turned into mist, and fled.

       Tilea took the monk's bow and stuffed it in the mountain of monkey poo from last time we were here. Then I had to bully Sachi into stripping so we could check him for a mark, and found Talmot's hiding behind his balls. Tilea, knowing that Talmot could hear her, challenged him to come face us. About five minutes later, Talmot knocked down the door and asked who dared challenge him.

       Tilea told him to knock, not be rude, so he animated the door to knock on Til's head. He couldn't enter the tower though, I think it was hallowed ground. After a couple more hours, Talmot began trying to break down the wall. Tilea responded by dropping a moonbeam on him, making the vampire scream and fly away. Then for some stupid fucking reason, Tilea started cussing him out and insulting him as he flew sway. I thought she was one of the saner people in this little group, but apparently I was bloody wrong. These people are all stupid. I just want to go home.

       Lythana recommended we leave, and it was a bloody good thing we listened; meteors began raining down on the tower. It finally stopped after about ten minutes. Apparently Til had really pissed him off.

       We headed deep into the forest, to a cave Lythana used sometimes to lay low, and settled down to rest.

***** Hetedik Honap 8, Svalich Woods, Lythana's cave

       After about four hours of rest, a storm began, and it felt like the thunder was moving closer. Tilea said Syn warned her we need to run. The Executioner was coming; a colossal sized undead frost giant. He was so massive we could see him from where we hid, and it looked like every step he took caused the storm to crackle.

       Lythana told us to follow her and we ran to Krezk, a little village not far from where we were. The guards let us in the moment they saw Lythana's face. Once we were in Lythana told Sachi and Anvil to make their peace, they had until dawn. Tilea and I were led to little rooms in the village, while Anvil and Sachi were taken elsewhere.

       This place felt peaceful and relaxed; that oppression felt pretty much everywhere in this realm was gone. I liked it here.

       In the morning we were treated to a lavish breakfast, then Lythana took Tilea and I to where they were performing the ritual to remove the marks on Sachi and Anvil. They couldn't fulfill their oaths, obviously, so instead they had to be broken for them... by chopping off their heads, then bringing them back to life. Death broke the contracts and removed the marks.

       The villagers invited us to stay as long as we wanted, which sounded lovely to me.

       Sachi and Anvil decided to make me strip to check for marks too, even though I was clean. Since I'd bullied them into getting naked yesterday, I rolled my eyes and stripped. Sachi grabbed my tit and honked it, then ran. I flew after him, caught him in my whip, and flew back, still tangled in my whip, while he apologized. As everyone laughed, I gathered my clothing.




All maps from the "Curse of Strahd" Adventure Module by Wizards of the Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment