Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Abyssal in an Infernal World

The Life of Hera Adaar



       I was born and raised in Halruaa, a small country in southern Faerun. My country is mostly humans, and tieflings aren't terribly welcome there, especially ones like me, whose roots don't lie with Asmodeus, but instead with a creature of the Abyss. I was adopted as an infant by a pair of humans who couldn't have a child of their own, so I've never been able to learn of my origins, or of how my ancestor escaped becoming a devil child, and instead remained Abyssal. We believe I come from a balor, based upon my physical features; the giant bat-like wings kind of helped us narrow down our options.

       Being Abyssal led to me being picked on by both the human children, and the devil children while growing up; my version of different is too different for them unfortunately. Smelling of brimstone constantly, my smoldering eyes, and razor sharp teeth didn't help me make any friends either. I do not trust anyone except my family as a result of this, and I tend to remain aloof with most people.This is an Infernal world, and an Abyssal trying to make her way through life is met with resistance from all angles.

       I began having odd dreams about a long chamber with a layer of ankle deep white dust, with a colossal adamantine door at the end of it. There's footprints moving away from the door, that sink deeper and deeper the closer they draw to the door. I knew there would be something interesting in there, it's got to be a vault or library. These dreams came with the ability to pull on the weave, giving me the wild magic abilities of a sorceress; of course my family didn't approve, it was one more thing to make it clear I didn't fit in.

       I became obsessed with the door, and started spending all of my time in the library scouring maps. When those didn't yield any results, I began to search the country for it. I had to find that door and open it. My crazed obsession got me exiled from Halruaa, and my parents were dishonored. I know if I can just find the damned door I can make everything better for my family.

       After months of searching, I eventually realized that the door had to be in the Underdark. It was the only place that made any sense with the architecture of the chamber.

       Recently my dreams about the door changed. The door has cracked open, just an inch or so, and the dust in front of the door is swirling in the air, as if there's a breeze escaping from whatever lies beyond the door. The dust is getting deeper. Someone else opened my door, something beat me there... My need to find this door began to consume me, and I ventured into a part of the Underdark that I didn't have maps for. It was there that the bloody drow caught up to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment