Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Blood Hunter's Beginnings

Lythana Belmyr

       I was born in a small shrine to Eilistraee, and grew up in a time where my goddess was absent from Toril. Everyone knew that eventually the Dark Maiden would return to us, and we continued our devotions to her, alongside our training, eagerly awaiting the day that her light flowed through us once more. I was primed to be Darksong Knight, an elite priestess-warrior who devotes her life to not just spreading the Maiden's light, but also to the destruction of any yochlols, and other demons or minions of Lolth. 

       Not long after the Maiden's return to us during the Sundering, before I had truly begun my training in Eilistraee's magics, a group of lolthites attacked our shrine; killing my mother, my sister, and my best friend all in one fell swoop. I knew if I had just been stronger, further in my training, I could have done more. While I still walked in the Maiden's light, I needed to become stronger faster than my studies would grant me. 

       I found an old book with the alchemical compound in it to grant me the powers of a Blood Hunter, a Demon Slayer. The others pleaded with me not to do so, that if I did I could no longer be a Darksong Knight, but I felt that this was the path that Eilistraee had illuminated for me. 

       I set out to begin my demon hunting, with the hopes that someday I could kill Lolth myself. I stayed mostly to myself, but still offered the Song or the Sword to any drow whose path I crossed. The Maiden wanted me to continue spreading her light, even while I was on such a shadowed path. 

       While I was investigating reports of poltergeists in an ancient ruin in a forest, I met a path of lythari. Elle, the further alpha of the pack, was about my age, and we became fast friends. After helping the lythari eliminate their haunting problem, I was invited to stay with them for a time. I was given the status of Pack Sister, a title not given lightly. 

       My new found home with the wolves was short lived though, I began getting restless; there were still so many demons for me to slay. There was a cave in Elle's forest that led directly into the Underdark, which I had visited before to kill shit. Since my dear friend was needing a trial to prove herself a capable alpha, I convinced her to come to the Underdark with me to go kill shit. About two days in we met Orvald's little group, and decided to help them get the innocents home. 

photo from deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment