Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Wondrous Life of a Treasure Hunter

                My parents were thrilled when they learned they were to have quadruplets, we fey usually have large families, thus having more children at once is considered a blessing of Titania.  My parents were even more ecstatic to discover each of the four showed promise in magic as wizards or sorcerers as that too, is a great honor.  I, however, am not one of them.  Born 316 years ago, just ten years after my siblings, which, in our world is unheard of as we are nearly immortal, living hundreds of thousands of years so most have children many years apart, as my family had done with my other six siblings.  Yet another reason I am far from the favorite…   

                But it would appear I have gotten ahead of myself, I am Willow Liadon, an Eladrin Elf.  Eladrin elves are literally faerie elves, we have the wondrous faerie magic and the height of an elf.  The best of both worlds if you ask me. 

       My kind live in the Feywild, a vast place many would describe as paradise as it is a mirror image of the material plane but turns its features into spectacular forms.  Vibrant colors, dancing lights, a place of music and wonder, and a world covered in a never-ending twilight, with fireflies and faerie lights moving with the breeze as it passes through rolling meadows and vast groves.  Just as the material plane has places of darkness, the wilds may also be a dangerous place filled with death and despair, as the unseelie fey are hidden among the shadows, ready to stalk their prey. 

                In the middle of a bewitching meadow stands a gargantuan tree, hollowed out to form a city within known as Paarthaera, which is where I am from.   I was always a bit of an outcast, when my siblings were practicing their fireballs and teleportation, I would practice illusionary magic.  While illusions are common among the wilds, my parents seemed only to care for the “more magically gifted,” as they would say, so I was often left to my own devices. 

        At first, I began sneaking around and picking locks to steal small trinkets from my parents and plant it in the jewelry boxes of my other relatives in the hopes they would then be in trouble and I may gain some of their gaze for a time.  Eventually, I also added illusions to the tricks I would pull on my family, making it so an heirloom ring would appear just as a simple thimble so the fury could build in my parents before finally revealing the truth and casting my siblings into greater turmoil.  Nothing gave me greater pleasure than bringing them off their pedestals.  It did not take long for Squelaiche, the Leprechaun Trickster God of Illusions to take notice of me, and guide me on the path of an arcane trickster. 

       Shortly after gaining the attention of my god, I met Tamani, a pixie just a couple years younger than me with a great taste for trickery; he and I became fast friends.  After just a few short months, it was as though Tamani and I had known each other our whole lives.  Doing everything together from laying on a hammock out by a creek, to tormenting our families.  He was my best mate and partner in crime. 

       When I was 240 or so, Squelaiche sent Tam and I on a quest to regain gold, stolen from his personal pot of gold, thus showing us how to sense portals between the Feywilds and Oerth, as well as transfer between the worlds when we pleased.  Our first time in Oerth, we came through a portal near the Grandwood Forest, in a city known as Rel Astra.  As Tam and I had never met non-fey creatures before, communication was rather difficult at first, and on our first mission, we spent fifteen years learning to speak and interact as the humans do.  During those years we joined a crime ring.  We even became known as The Dark Wolf, as they never noticed the pixie in my cloak thus, thinking that we were just one person when I let them see me.
 
       After finding the missing gold, plus a bit more, and returning it to Squelaiche, Tamani and I returned to Rel Astra.  We had grown to like our life of crime, as on Oerth humans reacted much more negatively than fey do to tricks and illusions, making it vastly more amusing to steal from them.  Eventually we tired of messing with humans and instead decided to pursue treasure hunting. 

       As a rule we split everything 50/50 and did not let anyone partake in our adventures, we were a duet, nothing more.  On one particular trip, a slippery little human man, Bert, refused to give us any details of a legendary robe even through torture, forcing us to allow him to join us.  Later we found the robe and, surprise surprise, Bert turned on us, trying to kill us.  The fight started out standard, Tam and I kicking some ass side by side… until it wasn’t so standard any longer.  In a twisted turn of events Bert managed to rip off one of Tam’s wings, he lost control, and I was unable to catch him as he fell to the ground face first, breaking his neck and forever ending his life.  I, too distraught to keep fighting, lost the robe. 


       Finally able to regain my composure an hour or so later, I began to search my surroundings and found only a crumpled piece of paper in Tam’s pocket with three words on it, “Sword of Kas.” I knew what he needed me to do then, find that sword for him, as it was to be our next mission, and promised him I'd to never allow anyone I love to die because of my inability to get to them in time again. I returned to the wilds with his body to prepare a funeral service and plot revenge on Bert.  Two years later, I returned to Oerth with a plan; after six more months, my revenge was complete.  I had killed Bert’s wife and framed him for it, so he may live out the rest of his miserable life rotting in prison.  Not long after the imprisonment, I set out to find out as much as possible about the sword, thus leading me to Oryn Talus and joining forces with the Bane of Vecna.  


Willow Liadon
Tamani


No comments:

Post a Comment