Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, October 15, 2018

The Ravenloft Chronicles- Shit Storm: Book One, Chapter Thirteen

Draconic Drama

Dramatis Personae:
Tilea Aervavil'A'Sum, the Wild Elf Circle of the Moon Druid Barbarian
Scritch, The Weremonkey Squirrel Thief and Tilea's Animal Companion
Sachi Kno, the Vistani Weremonkey Thief
Tabitha Marie Lennox, the Human White Witch of Mystra
Nikko, Tabitha's Flying Monkey familiar
Bruenar Shieldwall, the Shield Dwarf Shield Fighter the party hired
Isabella Catalina Hazelgrove, the Human Assassin and Scritch's Knight

Comrades we have lost:
Pineck, Anvil's Horse- turned into soup by a cursed crate
Kithri "Quickshadow" Tealeaf, the Lightfoot Halfling Werebat Order of the Lycan Blood Hunter and Ruin Raider- left to become Archivist
Forgrotken Anvilrocker, the Blugrim Forge Cleric of Moradin- killed by the Talmot Wives
Lythana, the Human Werewolf Order of the Ghost Slayer Blood Hunter- captured by the Talmot Wives, then turned evil mauled to death by Tilea
Syndal Al'Vherin, the Human girl who Tilea released from an amulet- kidnapped by Strahd, now working with Talmot

NOTE: Things will be mostly from Tabitha's perspective, anything in italics is from a third party view, since the Witch can't be everywhere at once. 

***** Hetedik Honap 20, CY 745, Myconid Paradise Under Tser Falls

       Scritch woke me up in the middle of the night asking for my blood. Since I'm Mist Marked, Tilea wanted to try to use my blood to get her moonblade back. I rolled my eyes, gave her some blood, and went back to sleep.

       Not long after that, we were awoken by a massive earthquake, and mist was pouring in from everywhere. Tilea and Scritch were in a circle and red energy was crackling all around them. The light turned silvery and an arm appeared, holding Tilea's moonblade. Then the blood I'd given began to purify and tingle as if it was alive; we were all flooded with ten years of memories, adventures, experiences, etc. I suddenly had a few encounters with both of my Sestras, and some interesting new spells came into my head. That was... unexpected... to say the least. I went back to sleep, I needed to finish my rest, that flood of memories was exhausting.

***** Hetedik Honap 21, Myconid Paradise Under Tser Falls

       Sachi went on a shopping spree in the morning, and brought my Temple six thousand healing potions! While he was gone, the rest of us began debating what the Hells to do to get the myconids out of here. The druid said there were around seventy thousand beasts and three thousand myconids we needed to relocate.

       I thought the easiest way would be a magnificent mansion spell. We could load them in there, I could leave Barovia and find a place for them, and let them out. The problem was none of us could cast that spell. Bruenar had an extradimensional tent, but after testing it, we discovered it ejected people when closed. The best course of action was to just go buy a couple items that cast the mansion spell. Bruenar decided to test Sachi's staff to get us to a shopping area. The monkey ended up in Strahd's throne room.

       When Tilea called Sachi back to us, Strahd followed, and screamed in agony at the Forever Sun. He hid under a tree and demanded we get all of this out of here- meaning the sun and creatures. Tilea pulled out the box with Talmot's Heart and opened it to show Strahd what we'd found; when the vampire drew near, it tried to suck him in. Talbutt had trapped his Heart to keep it out of Strahd's hands. Strahd angrily ranted that the paradise could go back to where Tilea came from, and demanded we use the Forever Sun and the Heart to destroy Talbutt once and for all. We agreed and Strahd vanished.

       Once Strahd was gone, we realized there were no sounds of wildlife around us. He'd sent them all away.

       I flew up toward the Forever Sun to get it so we could get this done, but it got too hot too fast. It truly had the heat of the sun. I wrapped myself in my bubble, a new ability I learned from those ten years of memories, and tried to grab the stone in a sphere. It flared and I fell, badly burned, but I was able to heal myself quickly.

       Tilea tried next, turning into a fire elemental first, then pulling out the crystal blade. As she drew closer to the sun stone, an eclipse began, and eventually the entire thing was pulled into the blade. It was too hot for even a fire elemental, and Tilea had to drop it.

       Bruenar ran and grabbed it, slammed the blade into the ground, and smacked it with his hammer. It flared and was encased in stone, as Bruenar went flying backward from the blast, laughing his ass off.

       The paradise was now completely dark. We needed to get that blade to Syn, but with her against us, it was an unbelievably stupid idea to do that. Tilea thought she could reach Syn, hopefully get through to her.

       In the meantime, we had work to do. Sachi went to scout the siege, and saw Talbutt had ten times the number of soldiers than Strahd had. Tilea decided to set up another grove where the Bonegrinders was, and link it to the paradise so it wouldn't die. I helped her by burning out items to fuel the ritual, which went off beautifully. Sachi and Scritch went shopping while we worked on that.

***** Hetedik Honap 22, Temple of Mystra

       Tilea had an idea to try to destroy the Heart, but whatever it was she and Bruenar were up to failed.

       In hopes for some magical intervention, we turned to a Tarokka Deck of Many Things. Tilea and I both ended up with Good Blood- blood that can heal someone. Scritch was attacked by an air elemental, which he killed instantly, and Sachi got a quest- now Strahd had to pay him for our services.

       Since that didn't work, we tried a Deck of Many Things. We didn't get the card we were hoping for, but Tilea got three wishes, Sachi got one wish, I got an item and had to kill a spectral reaper, and Scritch got a knight- a human girl named Catalina. Sachi tried hitting on Cat right away, and she completely ignored him.

       Later that night, Grant gave us a bag and said we needed to hit Syn with it. It would allow Tatiana's soul to enter her body and fight to merge. He said we should keep it as a plan B, it would be better for them if the souls could join naturally.

***** Hetedik Honap 23, Temple of Mystra

       I communed with Mystra in hopes for some guidance. Since Tilea had three wishes, I asked if all three would make Syn not give up on Tilea returning, since it seemed like her giving up on our return was what led to our current situation. Mystra told me "she never gave up, something took over."

       Tilea communed with nature and learned of something fey-like on the frontlines, Krampus, Kringle's opposite. Bruenar went to deal with Krampus while Tilea went to speak with Kringle. She learned that Syn's deal was with Vecna. Since The Bane of Vecna hadn't destroyed Vecna's phylactery, he wasn't dead, he just lost too much power to continue being a threat. 

       Til decided we should just talk to Syn, against my protests. We returned to the paradise, and as we arrived, a portal opened in front of me. Bruenar stuck his head through and said Syn could hurt him; I healed him and he told me to call him in two minutes. When he appeared there was silvery fire wrapped around him, and he yelled "call her now!" Syn appeared, blade drawn, fire swirling around her. Tilea began making wishes. She wished Syn had never turned away, had never left the light, that she'd embrace Lathander and his blade with all her heart and soul, and allow her spirit to rise.

       Everything froze. We saw four-year-old Syn with a beautiful, golden haired woman who could only be Tatiana, and together they approached teen Syn, who was frozen. They touched her and with a flash of light and wave of energy, they vanished. I hoped this would work.

       Before we could even take a fucking breath, Tilea announced the trees were afraid, and Talbutt stepped out from behind a tree. He said he could smell the radiance of the Forever Sun and asked us where it went. Tilea told him it was with its rightful owner. Talmot was pissed that Bruenar got Kringle onto the battlefield, and said we'd been a thorn in his side for long enough and vanished.

       Clarah's laughter echoed throughout the cavern, it was bone chilling. Everyone hid except Bruenar and I; I did get in my bubble though, to keep myself alive. She stepped out into the clearing we were waiting for her in, looking much younger, and said she knew there was a monkey here. "Where's my monkey?" She asked in a disturbing, singsong voice, rocking back and forth on her heels. I told her he was a party pooper, and she asked if I was joking. As I was saying that it kind of was, Sachi jumped out and threw shit at her. Clarah whipped around and deflected it right back at him, making him hide again.

       "See?" I said, "party pooper." Clarah said my Sestra wouldn't let her burst my "pretty pink bubble," but she had a vendetta against Sachi that she needed to fulfill. With that, Clarah was on Sachi in a flash, and she hit him hard. Tilea popped out of the bushes and started mauling her. I attempted to make her mind feeble, but it didn't work, so I rushed to heal Bruenar before he joined the fray and began beating on her with his shields.

       We beat her down surprisingly fast, considering that she's a fucking dragon; Scritch even lopped off one of her arms. She was down, not dead, but stable. The problem was we couldn't kill her. Catalina told us as we shook ourselves off, that there was still another dragon here. Clarah reverted to her draconic form and her paralyzing gas leaked from her mouth, paralyzing Sachi and Scritch.

       A draconic roar echoed through the cavern and a gold dragon came into view- Farrah. Clarah got up, whacking Bruenar, Sachi, and Tilea with her wings as she rose. Her arm had grown back. Fucking regeneration. I had to cast a restoration spell on Sachi to get him up and moving again, and he began shooting at the Wives. They concentrated their breath on Sachi, a whirlwind of fire and ice swirling around the monkey. He was in bad shape after that hit. Catalina threw something at Clarah that seemed to hurt her pretty bad.

       Sachi summoned Bruenar and Tilea to help him fight Clarah, and Bruenar jumped to Farrah's back as Clarah began flying straight up in an attempt to shake them. She slammed her back into the top of the cavern to hurt Tilea, but she only hurt herself; Tilea began ripping into her. I could never catch up to them through flight, but I needed to heal Sachi before Clarah hurt him, so I tried to will myself to him. It worked! Apparently, Bruenar had included me in that part of the wish; Sachi and Tilea had both tried to do it and failed, but I hadn't bothered to try, since I didn't need it.

       I saw Bruenar on Farrah's head, holding her mouth shut and laughing his ass off. The rest of us began beating on Clarah, and I hit her hard enough with a witch bolt that she tumbled to the ground. Since Tilea was still holding onto her, I was able to get down and stabilize her so she wouldn't die and power up Talbutt. Sachi began painting a stockade to put Clarah in, but Tilea had an idea to have my sequester Clarah, for her to "awaken when the Heart of Talmot is destroyed." As I was about to cast the spell, Talbutt killed her.

       Sachi cast the most potent resurrection spell in existence and Clarah's soul hovered in the air, trying to go to the Heart. I tried to sequester her soul, but my attempt was countered. We pulled out an iron flask, but we couldn't draw the soul into it. Sachi pulled out the bag Grant had given us and used it to try to draw Clarah's soul into him. I lit a candle that would ward off his death as the dragon's soul began to burn him up from the inside. Every time he died, the candle brought him back, and I just kept lighting them to keep it going.

       While I was occupied with Sachi, Tilea went to deal with Talbutt. I didn't really see what was going on, but I know they exchanged blows before the cowardly vamp turned to mist. Scritch tried to absorb him with dust of dryness, but from what I gathered, it didn't work. Bruenar inflicted a deadly blow on Farrah, and she did the smart thing in retreating. Then Scritch called for Bruenar's Shield... All 500 members of his clan- who were living and working in the Temple- appeared. I was able to send them back as easily as they'd appeared.

       Sachi died seventeen times before he finally absorbed Clarah into his soul. These were brutal deaths, of his body being completely vaporized and reforming over and over. He seemed to handle it okay, which I'm not sure if that was good or bad. In absorbing Clarah, he gained some of her abilities, which we learned when he turned to speak to me and paralyzing gas leaked out instead. I was glad for my bubble.

       Faint laughter was heard from the trees and Syn stepped out, saying we needed to chat. She pulled out her fully intact sunblade and said if we tried anything stupid, she'd destroy us.

No comments:

Post a Comment