Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, September 10, 2018

The Ravenloft Chronicles- Shit Storm: Book One, Chapter Eight

Well Spent Wishes

Dramatis Personae:
Tilea Aervavil'A'Sum, the Wild Elf Circle of the Moon Druid Barbarian
Scritch, Tilea's Squirrel Animal Companion
Sachi Kno, the Vistani Weremonkey Thief
Tabitha Marie Lennox, the Human White Witch of Mystra
Nikko, Tabitha's Flying Monkey familiar
Bruenar Shieldwall, the Shield Dwarf Shield Fighter the party hired
Syndal Al'Vherin, the Four-year-old Human girl who Tilea released from an amulet

Comrades we have lost:
Pineck, Anvil's Horse- turned into soup by a cursed crate
Kithri "Quickshadow" Tealeaf, the Lightfoot Halfling Werebat Order of the Lycan Blood Hunter and Ruin Raider- left to become Archivist
Forgrotken Anvilrocker, the Blugrim Forge Cleric of Moradin- killed by the Talmot Wives
Lythana, the Human Werewolf Order of the Ghost Slayer Blood Hunter- captured by the Talmot Wives

NOTE: Things will be mostly from Tabitha's perspective, anything in italics is from a third party view, since the Witch can't be everywhere at once. 

***** Hetedik Honap 12, CY 735, Temple of Mystra

       In the morning, Tilea attempted to perform a ritual that would make Syn part of her family, but something stopped it from working. During the ritual I felt that there was something off about Syn's soul, almost as if it were cursed, but not quite cursed. It was odd to explain.

       Sachi began debating what to use the wish he'd gotten from genie on. He really wanted to get all the treasures we'd lost in the dungeon yesterday. Bruenar suggested he wish for a second chance at it and for the knowledge of how to disarm all the traps. He spent more time deliberating before he finally took the dwarf's advice. Tilea told Sachi to go outside when he made the wish, thinking my Temple would protect us from any ill effects.

       It was odd watching his wish go off; it felt like everything shifted just a little to the left. The lava flow reversed and all fires were instantly snuffed out- but the damage to the buildings was still there. After a few minutes, the lava had fully withdrawn back into the dungeon.

       Syn insisted on going with us, even though we told her she'd be safer in my Temple. There was no persuading this child though, she was damned stubborn. She wanted to ride Sachi there, and when he told her he's too small, she turned him into a giant so we all could ride him.

       When we arrived, Corvane appeared, and as soon as she saw Syn, she demanded we hand the child over. Sachi used the distraction to slip into the crypt. Corvane seemed to be pleading us to hand over the child, as if she didn't want to force a confrontation with us. Of course we couldn't just hand over the child... she really should have stayed within the safety of my Temple. Once it became clear we wouldn't hand Syn over, Corvane charged Tilea, swung a dagger at her- hitting- and snatched Syn. Tilea swung at her to try to get hold of Syn, but Corvane was too fast.

       I lite a blink candle to try to get Syn away from Corvane, but it didn't work. Then I tried polymorphing her, but that didn't work either. I hate this fucking monk. Tilea turned into a beast called a savager and attacked Corvane. Bruenar charged her, but couldn't free Syn from her grasp. Corvane yelled out "bring me back and them too!" Which was worrisome. I tried to polymorph Syn into something that could get away easier, but she resisted my magic too. Tilea and Bruenar began trying to beat the Hells out of Corvane, to no avail. I turned myself and Scritch into giant ant queens and we joined the fray; Scritch actually did quite well. Bruenar managed to get hold of Corvane and body slammed her... then she vanished through a dimensional door with Syn.

       I shifted back to myself and grabbed Bruenar so we could attempt to follow. We popped into a group of angry Barovians, who all turned to us when we appeared. I slipped Bruenar a gem and asked him to keep them off of me while I tried to pick up the trail... I didn't realize that meant started beating everyone up...

       I got into the air to look for them, but there was no sign of either of them. Tilea caught up and picked up the trail, thankfully. She took off, and I grabbed Bruenar and followed. I guess she lost the trail quickly, because she turned around and went back to the crypt for Sachi. She began trying to destroy the door to the crypt, but I got around her and opened it myself, flying down to get Sachi.

       Sachi is too fast and he zoomed by me on my way in. When I finally got to the top of the stairs, Strahd was waiting. He said "goodbye," waved his hand, and I found myself standing in front of a green portal that was shrinking. I jumped through and found Sachi and Bruenar. Apparently Strahd had evicted all of us from his domain.

       We spent the next three days in the Feywild among Tilea's people, preparing to mount a rescue operation when we returned to Barovia.

***** Hetedik Honap 15, Feywild

       One of the things we'd gotten in the crypt was a Talisman of Ultimate Evil, which I asked Mystra to aid me in purifying. Smoke began to fill the ritual circle, and it became clear we would have to fight whatever this evil was. Tilea had the druids send us to Faerun before we fought it so we weren't inviting unknown evil into the village.

       Once we reached Faerun, I broke the circle, and a cloud of smoke covered everything. I shifted into a giant ant queen so I could gain the ability to see them, then turned everyone else, except Bruenar into one too. There were a bunch of small, fuzzy things in the smoke, but I couldn't tell exactly what they were. I managed to bite one, and it multiplied, becoming two. The fuzzy things were hitting us hard too, every time we hit one it split and hit back twice as hard. Then a huge man crashed into the area and the smoke began to rapidly clear... it was fucking bunnies. One of them hit me hard, so I got in the air, done with those stupid rabbits.

       Tilea randomly decided to feed one of the bunnies a goodberry, and it vanished. Apparently petting them makes them go away. Once we'd all petted them, they were gone. The man vanished with them.

       We were in the woods just outside of Waterdeep, and a group of riders was coming toward us; they must have seen the smoke. When they arrived, Bruenar told them we were on a mission of peace and had just cleansed the amulet, which I presented as proof. They made Tilea leash Sachi before we got into town, then we hit the shops to gear up to rescue Lythana and Syn.

Map from the Curse of Strahd adventure module by Wizards of the Coast
Waterdeep; Map by Wizards of the Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment