Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Monday, May 15, 2017

Pathfinders of the New World- Knights of the Cross(roads), the Next Generation: Book Two, Chapter Seven

Blowing off Steam

Dramatis Personae:
KlikKlick BoomBoom, the Kobold Platinum pint-sized Dragonborn Beastmaster and Priestess of Apsu
TickTick, KlikKlik's Giant Bat animal companion
Taryn Al'Maera, the Drow Assassin and future Ralliakkan
Niss'RizDax Kenarn, the Drow Sword Dancer Priestess of Eilistraee, "the Moonlit Dancer"
Xara, the Dorc Circus Eldritch Knight

Comrades we have lost:
Sonitri, the Samsaran Arcane Prodigy Sorcerer- went home
Nyneve, the Water Genasi Druid of the Fountain- eaten by zombies

NOTE: Things will be mostly from Dax's perspective, anything in italics is from a third party view, since the priestess can't be everywhere at once.

***** Astron 14, 480, Crossroads

       We spent the day shopping in town. KlikKlik and I went to the Mage's Guild to see if we could pass their test for entrance- we both did. We made it in, when we aren't mages, but Xara couldn't succeed. Both of us teased her, so she went back and managed to get access. It was nice being able to just hang out instead of chasing after fucking undead.

       That night Taryn went out and found the underground fighting pits, and completely dominated them. 

***** Astron 15, Crossroads

       We decided to hit the arenas today, there were two different fights for teams of two, and one four-on-four team fight. Xara and I entered one of the two person fights, and KlikKlik and Taryn entered the other; then we decided to meet up for the four person fight later.

       Taryn and KlikKlik had to fight a group of bears. They won, though Taryn took a heavy beating in the process.

       Xara and I faced eight dire wolves, and I took them out easily enough. She didn't kill a single one of the bunch.

       In the four person fight we faced a monk, a sorcerer, a warlock, and a rogue. They did not like Xara at all. The monk shadow stepped to her and began punching her, the rogue shot her, the sorcerer hit her and Taryn with a lightning bolt, and then slimy, black tentacles came out of the ground- which were aimed at Taryn, Xara, and I, but they only managed to hit Xara.

       Taryn took out the monk right away with ease. I dropped a fireball on the remaining three people, then KlikKlik and TickTick dropped the rogue, Poor Xara was completely tangled in the tentacles- it didn't look like she was going to get out of those any time soon. The sorcerer hit our tangled dorc with another lightning bolt, and their warlock finished her off. My other three companions dropped the sorcerer, leaving only the warlock for us to take out. I revived Xara and blasted the damn warlock, but I didn't hit hard enough to drop his concentration on the tentacle spell; thankfully Xara made it out of the zone on her own. Then a quasit appeared in from of us and went for KlikKlik- I think it was the warlock's familiar. We polished off the warlock right after that attack though, and its quasit vanished. We had won!

       That night Taryn took KlikKlik to the fighting pits, and they both completely dominated their opponents. 

***** Astron 16, Crossroads

       This morning Taryn told us about the fighting pits her and KlikKlik had started going to. They sounded like fun, so Xara and I decided to join them tonight.

       Taryn returned from our shopping today announcing that she had made it into the Mage's Guild- even though she has no magic aside from her natural drow abilities... and she gained higher clearance than Xara had.

       During my first fight in the pits tonight, I hit the guy with a sacred flame and the angel of death appeared and ripped his soul out... I did not expect that to happen. I feel bad about it, but obviously Eilistraee saw a need for the magic she grants me to slay that guy. I beat but didn't kill my second opponent, and then a barbarian challenged me. He did some damage to me, but I still kicked his ass. Then KlikKlik challenged me, TickTick gives her an unfair advantage, and the kobold beat me.

       Xara killed the first two people she faced too, so I didn't feel quite as bad about accidentally summoning an angel of death on my first guy. She beat the assassin who challenged her next, and finally didn't straight up kill someone she faced. Taryn challenged Xara and completely owned her.

The final fight of the night was KlikKlik versus Taryn, without TickTick. KlikKlik just barely beat Taryn.

***** Astron 17, Crossroads

       Xara got completely shitfaced today after our shopping trip, but still decided to come with KlikKlik and I to the pits tonight. KlikKlik challenged the very drunk dorc, but she had to fight the barbarian I'd beaten the night before first. We didn't think she had a chance at winning, but somehow the dorc prevailed. It was no surprise when KlikKlik completely mopped the floor with Xara after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment