Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Life of Lady Claire Thundersword

       I grew up in Cormyr, the largest human empire in all of Faerûn, and grew up a noble. My family hold the ancient seat as the Barons of Immersea for countless generations, and have become quite well respected. I was raised to be a proper lady of the court, and expected to enter a marriage that could assist my family further when my two years in the Purple Dragon Knights was up. I spent much time growing up split between our ancestral home in Immersea, and our palace in Marsember, Swordspire, that has a private dock. We had a little boat we'd take out and swim in the Dragonmere sea- the water there is always calmer and warmer than the Wyvernwater at Immersea.

       I always despised the Game that was required in court, and greatly enjoyed my time in the military, since I could be myself and speak plainly; not having to fuss about my appearance was an added bonus, since I was always expected to wear my golden armor and purple cloak. As my two years grew close to ending, I decided I didn't want to return to court life, I wanted to stay a Knight and serve my country.  

       The Thunderswords have always been a huge supporter of the Purple Dragon Knights, so to have one of their children choose to stay sent a message that we really care about our people. I told Papa my decision to stay first, so he could help me deal with Mama. He was so proud of me he gave me an heirloom as a gift: a Javelin of Lightning, a beautiful purple javelin with our family crest on it, and the symbol for the order. I was overwhelmed by the gift, and still carry that beautiful javelin with me. 

       I was in the Cormyrean wars against Sembia in 1486, and it was brutal. What was worse though, was when the war wizards learned that my older sister Sulue, who was always considered to be sweet enough to rot someone's teeth, was really a Sharran. It was a shock to my family to learn this, and Sulue refused to say a word once she was discovered as a traitor. I had to undergo invasive testing- in the middle of a bloody warzone- to prove I was truly loyal to the crown, and that I was indeed a follower of Torm, not Shar. I threw myself into the order after that was over, and became determined to stay away from the court- except as a Purple Dragon- if I entered as Lady Thundersword, I would have to yield too much double talk and many snide comments about Sulue. 

       A few months ago, a copper dragonborn came to Suzail, the capital, where I was stationed at to register as an adventurer of sorts. Her name was Kazul, and she was on a holy pilgrimage to visit as many temples of Bahamut as she possibly could. Since I was about to be off duty, I decided to show her around a little- I don't know why, but there was just something about her that made me feel compelled to spend time with her. We became friends instantly, and she ended up staying in my family's apartments in the capitol with me for several months.

       About three months ago, a band of gnolls attacked the city- somehow they had slipped through our borders- and one of the royal nobles was killed. I volunteered for the task of hunting the gnolls down and killing them, to avenge the death of our fallen. My chérie agreed to come with me, we figured she could stop at a couple of temples along the way. We spent two months chasing the gnolls across Faerûn before they entered the Underdark. At that point we had to get a long term stable for our horses, and stock up on supplies to traverse the Underdark- yay. I think we've been down here for about a month, lost. We're pretty sure we're on the gnolls tail still, but it's hard to tell. I just want to find a way out of here now- I miss the sun. 

       Somewhere along the way I realized I had fallen in love with Kazul, a relationship that is completely taboo in Cormyr, especially for my social standing. I could not openly be with a peasant, let alone a dragonborn, and we couldn't produce children, obviously. I've kept my feelings locked down, because I know it would not work in the long run back home, and I don't know if she feels the same.

Photo from deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment