Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Life in Captivity

Kyri, the Minotaur Slave

       I was born at a breeding farm where the duergar create more slaves, there's mostly my type there, but I remember some other types too. They cut our horns off at birth, leaving nothing but stumps of bone; of course they do have to trim them a lot until we finish growing. I spent the first few years of my life there, learning my place as a slave; they taught me that my kind is meant to serve and protect them. They taught us to fight, track, and above all else listen to our masters. That was imperative, and we were shown what happened to those of us who didn't behave and forgot their place.

       When I was big enough, I was sent to my first master, a wizard in Gracklstugh. I served him as best I could, and was treated decently, he only whipped me occasionally- when I would get carried away and kill someone he wanted alive. 

       I changed hands a few more times before coming to the Gray Ghosts. I quickly became their head slave, the one who is tasked with guarding the others, and helping break the new ones in. They knew I would never run away, and that my loyalty to them would never waiver without someone new purchasing me. The Gray Ghosts treated me regularly to the tasty meats, always as a reward for killing an enemy or successfully breaking a new slave. 

       My body is covered in scars from regular whippings, and I have been branded by several different masters- each time they cover the old brand with a whipping. I've also got a collar on that cannot ever be removed, and if anyone were to try, I would be killed. My life doesn't matter, but I would still never try to remove it, it shows who I am. 

Photo by John C. Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment