Misc. Info on current story

New chapters are released on Mondays at 8 am PST. Stay tuned for the next part of the journey!

Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sundnday
Join us on Twitter or Instagram at @SunDnDay

Like 3D printing? Check out our designs at www.thingiverse.com/SilverWolf2814/designs

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Dragon's Blood - The Life of Nya

               Born on the 7th of Eleint 1466, year of the Mages in Amber, in a small tiefling village in the northern Dragonspine Mountains, was Lady Orhialla Tarnash, or as her friends call her, “Nya.” One year after birth, a merry band of do-gooders, who wiped out all but the helpless and the children, raided the village.  Eventually the group took those remaining to Teshwave, giving the children to a local orphanage either to be placed eventually or to grow up within those walls, which to them, either way was a win; the children were not growing to grow up in a village of “terrible people.”
                Lord Tarnash had desired a child for many, many moons.  As a very high up member of the Zhentarim, he had his people looking out for any children available at the local orphanages and upon hearing about four or five new young children, he set out to hopefully choose one.  He chose the youngest, a one-year-old girl, and called her Orhialla. 
                When I was around nine or ten, I was playing in the woods outside our home in the Southwestern Dragonspire Mountains, when a bear mauled me.  The attack was very brutal, putting me almost on deaths door, so my dad injected me with something he knew would heal me… His own blood.  From that experience, I learned then that he is, in fact, a silver dragon, which is a huge secret actually. 
Because his blood healed me, I got a little extra, first, some sorcery, and second, something I didn’t quite notice right away, but I no longer noticed the icy chill of the mountains as much, granting me the nickname “Nya” among those of us in on the joke.  Nya, or steam, in the native tongue of one of my staff.  You see, silver dragons are known for certain resistances for cold, and tieflings, having our devil or demonic heritage, have resistances to heat, so hot and cold… steam.  Ha. I thought it was soooooo hilarious too… But it worked. 
Being Lord Tarnash’s daughter, I was granted a very high position in the Zhentarim that most felt I hadn’t properly earned, some, because I wasn’t his natural born child, and others because they worked very hard for their positions.  Eventually, I grew quite tired of their belief that I was not up to par with my status within the organization, so, I set off to prove myself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment